Sunday, January 01, 2006

Worn Me Down To My Knees

8.16pm
Rachel Yamagata - Worn me Down

What do you know, it's 2006! The past year's really came and gone that quick?? Time travels with the blink of an eye.

I didn't get much of a wink yesterday. Right after working the graveyard shift the night before, went to the stall to help mum out right till 2pm. And got me a haircut after that at Tampines. Went to sis's place then and got about 45mins worth of chicken sleep. Woken up at 5.3opm. Took the cab while it was raining. Perfect heavenly weather to be cuddling that bolster on bed. And it just had to happen to compound the misery. Traffic jam. Flow was terrible. Got to PIE and was stuck. When I finally past it, the reason for the jam? - Accident. On the opposite road direction! I can only blame those kay-poh drivers on my side of the road.. Got to work, and I heard CO wasn't happy that I was late. That caused me 12 extra hours docked off my hours claim record. Great

Work later that night was really really tiring. New Yr's Eve Duty at Orchard Rd..what's new? I should have been celebrating and not working.. It pisses me off seeing those happy happy people enjoying themselves. Was pissing on myself when I saw someone none other than a friend celebrating himself.. Standing on top of the open-top double deck bus, blowing on that irritatingly noisy party horn, cheering on the crowd below. That must have been fun. F***!! A friend of sya's said: 'who works on new year's eve!' Bah! Painful statement to swallow.. Anyway I could barely walk.
Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy..
That hell of a duty ended at 5am. I got home at 5.45am. Talk about a hard day's night.. And I've been working like a dog.. [??!!] Truth be said. But on another meaning... Damn The Beatles!

Welcoming the new year, I wish for more... I wish for luck. I wish for fortunes. I wish for health. I wish for happy happy moments. And yes, world peace.. I wish. I wish. I wish.

Happy New Year.

9.22pm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just realised you linked my site. how dare you without my permissi! hah, but its only possible for people to visit my site if they have a livejournal account, and only after i add them as a friend. the only reason why you get to read my journal, is cos i locked my username automatically to our computer! brother brother. oh, anyway more relevant to your entry, at least you dont need to be part of the annoying 'worse than geylang,
one step=1minute crowd' at cityhall/orchard. And you'd never guess how many times those stupid banglas/ahbengs/mats sprayed that dumb foam thing on me. so, on a brighter side, you escaped all those. well, at least they didnt dare do that to mr policeman. haha. ok bye. =)

Monday, 02 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home