Saturday, December 24, 2005

What We Could Be Dreaming Of

24 Dec 05 - 1.10pm
Radio = The Perishers - Nothing Like You And I

Saturday. Last day of the long break before work. Sigh.. Wished I had another roll of it. I wouldn't say the past few days have been well spent. They've not been a waste either. At least I got to use them with purpose. Been helping out at parents' eating stall lately. Yes.. haven't mentioned about this yet. Mum and dad have opened an eating stall somewhere in Aljunied. I didn't really liked the idea of them venturing into this business. Risky. Plus it's tiring! Seeing mum cooking all the dishes...whoa!! Superwoman [la]. Anyway, it's been a week since they started, business sales have been encouraging. Im impressed. [which explains the reason why I've been helping out lately. tsk tsk tsk] The only problem they're having now are the resources. Lacking in manpower. [volunteers anyone?? walk-in applics are open now]. I've done my mini part this week. Sya will cover for next week. After that, I don't know. Hope things wil work out just fine then. And I really hope this business will be successful in the long run. God willing. What dreams may come..

Oh yes, I been meaning to mention this too. Just been forgetting things lately. Is that a sign of ageing?? Can't be, too early right? Alright.......

23 Feb 06. Remember this day for one of the biggest bands if not biggest are coming to town.. OASIS are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!! Excellent! Excellent!! Excellent!!! The band that influenced me to listen and worshipped the type of music genre are coming! F***ing unbelievable! [someone pinch me]. This is indeed a dream come true. Overdue. They were supposed to have long performed a couple of years back, but cancelled out at the very last minute. They had better Roll With It this time. And yes I've got the tics!! For S$100/-, I'll be cramping it out with thousands of other Oasis fans come the day. Free standing. Those swearings and screamings.. Classics - Wonderwall, Don't Look Back In Anger, Live Forever, Champagne Supernova, Stand By Me sing-a-longs.. Bring on the Cigarettes and Alcohol [minus the latter].. Can't hardly wait. Simply greatness. Oasis..! Oasis..! Oasis..!
"I hate hip hop. I f***ing hate that culture and Im sickened that it's taking over the whole world. It's everywhere. I wouldn't mind if the music was any good, but it's shit. Who's that one who's big in England? 50 Cent? Or is it 25 pence? And then there's f***ing Snoopy. Awful. I couldn't hum one of their tunes." - Noel Gallagher
Leave Politics To Politicians.
"Live 8 wasn't about raising money, it was to raise political awareness whatever that means. And there's Madonna, banging on about world poverty while wearing 20,000 pounds worth of diamonds. Now, how f***ing sick is that? Don't bang on to working class people about poor people when you're covered in f***ing diamonds. Bono and Chris Martin and Thom Yorke are like, 'hey there's a planet to be saved, man!' Well, someone's got to do it I suppose. I'd rather f***ing rock and roll, you know what I mean." - Noel Gallagher
Yes yes.. Whatever you say your highness.. A true Rock 'n' Roll Star.

Im really into comics. Or at least I was. Those superheroes: Spiderman, X-Men, Daredevil etc. got this little boy enticed then. Collecting those comics of cos in turn burned holes in my tight school pockets. My point is has anyone of us ever heard a real life human being superhero wannabe? Operating to save the world or country or community at least lets say. Well now I know of one. Happened to read an article in the papers. He calls himself by the name of Captain Jackson! He's been a superhero, keeping the streets of Jackson, Michigan US safe for the past 6 years! What makes it more interesting is that he doesn't work alone! He is joined by his 15-year old daughter a.k.a Crimefighter Girl and fiance a.k.a Queen of Hearts. Hahaha!! I don't believe this!! How kewl is that!? Having a crime fighting superhero watching over us in our daily lives. I wanna be one if I could! And just to update, the captain is now serving 6 months probation for drink-driving. I guess he was only human afterall. Kapow..! Poof..! Kapang..! Kapoosh..!

Some superhero quotes from Captain Jackson:
"I fill a gap between police and citizens."

"People actually come downtown to see us. They think , 'What a unique community to have its own superheroes."

"We are three of only five or six true superheroes on the planet. Most of the others are just comic book characters."
2.51pm

Alright, it's raining now. Looks like I won't be going anywhere today. Couch potato-ing, listen to some nice music, play on my guitar or call up some friends. Or I could play Championship Manager again... hmmmm. Chill-in. Cheers.

24 Dec 05 - 2.59pm


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home