Friday, July 28, 2006

...And When It Gets Compromised

I didn't really enjoy the first half of today. It felt drab, dry and whatever I did, I just couldn't find any satisfaction. It didn't feel good. I felt lost and I hated the feeling.

I was in Sya's room, while she was in mine. (It's funny how we always "switch" rooms whenever one is in the other's. Can't stand each other's presence? I doubt it's the case anymore. In fact, I dare say we or more appropriately I, more than welcome the company. Lately I feel like Im alone, makes me feel hopeless and thus depressed. Can't stand it.)
With my old companion guitar, I sat down and decided to rewrite a song that I wrote quite some time ago. Entitled: Stranger, the first few lines goes something like:


"You look at me in the eye
I can't help but smile
You come a little closer, closer to me
Your smell it enchants me
Your stare cripples my knees
You stand a little closer, closer to be seen
You're just another soul
I wanna know
You're just that pretty face
I want to embrace
You got me now
Hypnotized somehow
Your eyes they pull me over
To danger
But I want you stranger"


I got stuck after that... Still open to changes, but I think I have a pretty good idea of how the direction, tune and melody of the song is gonna go. Strangely at the very start of the song, it sounds like it's gonna break into Damien Rice's Blower's Daughter! But I guess as the song flows, the difference is obvious. I won't worry about it anyway. Damien Rice is a perfect example for writing songs with similar sounding tunes and feels and yet succeeds in making them entirely different in their own ways. Brilliant.

The better half of the day by a mile, began with me going out with a close friend. Thinking about it now, I am glad I intiated the outing. It's been a while since we last met and got to hang out. Always having a good time, it's a wonder why we never hung out that often. We will do this more often... as we should have. The makan place at Lucky Plaza was excellent. Absolutely loved it. And that part of Starbucks will be our Central Perk from now on.


I look to my eskimo friend when Im down...


Getting down to serious conversations about our lives, petty matters and secrets, I don't think there's a better person to share it with right now. The advices given were freakishly similar to what sis had for me. I wonder if the lad's actually a woman trapped in a man's body or perhaps he was a woman in his previous life. Whatever it is, it justifies my belief that he's one of the right people to talk to. My confidant. You should be so proud... Love ya. (God I sound so gay... Heck I think if I were, you would've been my clear pick! Haha.) On a serious note, I hope you do know what you're doing. It's risky business.

Now, Simon or Garfunkel. Take your pick.

Cheers dude.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hak?!! you a gay? hahahahaha.
a short cute one, if you are!

Friday, 28 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Saturday, 12 August, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, 17 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home