Friday, April 14, 2006

I Didn't Know That This Was Such A Problem

1.20am
Radio = Shout Out Louds - Wish I Was Dead

Met Nazie in person for the first time on Wednesday right after work. Funny how the old nervy feeling of first time meet-ups was gone. Don't recall having any butterflies in my stomach. If there were, they were perhaps busy feeding on the roti john and kit kat I had for dinner. I guess you kinda overcome that fear of virgin meet-ups as you get older. It's like heck! I've done this before and I've got nothing to lose.. well maybe the life if she turned out to be some psychotic date killer. But I wouldn't really call yesterday's a date though. It was more of a "hey - nice to meet you at the mrt station, let's go home now and goodbye". Now that's a first.. And she reminded me of Sya. Nothing to do with characters or looks, just the physique. Bah! How do they grow? What food are parents feeding their childs these days?? I feel old just saying that.. Anyway the impression I got of Ms Nazie? Cold. Could be the due to the jitters..perhaps. It's normal for people to raise their guards and be real frosty when meeting strangers. Either that they turn into idiots while trying too hard to be smooth. But I genuinely think that the case with Nazie, she'll only be a little friendlier when you get to know her better. There were times when I saw the lighter side of her.

Earlier, me and Sam Wise Gam-gee went out. Set out to get myself the ipod travel charger that I urgently had to have once I realised that the ipod battery had a quick life span, all too short for my liking. For $18 I guess it's reasonable enough. I got Athlete's album: Tourist, finally after some time. How I didn't buy it earlier I'll never know cos it's just one great album. Real lovely set of songs. I never thought they'd be melancholic as this. A definite step up from their previous effort. Anyone who likes Coldplay, will love Athlete. I have. As much as I'd love to write a review of the songs, I realised that I'll suck at that. So just go and listen already.

Anyways later while we were at Marina for Sammy's rollerblades survey, I saw Nazie again. Of cos I almost forgot that she was working there. It's funny how we seemed to see each other at the same moment then. Talk about impeccable timing. She appeared to be slacking on the job. But then there were no customers, so.. Still I didn't think advancing in and talking would have been a wise thing to do. Therefore with a smile of acknowledgement, I walked on.. Sometimes I amaze myself with the things I do. Courage under fire. What can I say, shoot me an arrow and tell me where you want the target to be.

Earlier in the day before meeting Sammy, had a pleasant conversation with someone whom I thought I'd have difficulty talking to again. Surprise surprise. It wasn't that hard. And I don't know why there's an unexplained feeling of excitement building eversince, like butterflies in the stomach. I sense hope. At the same time, I sense problems in the making. Or am I just senselessly sensing too much.. all the things that may never even happen in the first place. Fuck.

Time 3.47am. This isn't gonna help the dark rings. Enough thinking, more sleep.

3.49am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home