Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Remember You, I Remember Youth

I remember her to be the woman with the funniest, loudest laughter I've ever heard. I remember her as the woman who's house I'd always visit first on hari raya occasions. I remember her during her better days.

Last night, I saw her face. I almost couldn't believe that was her. Surreal. I didn't cry but it broke me. Lying on her bed, oxygen-supplied through tubes and inhalent, she paled in comparison to the person she was. The bubbly aunt I knew now in total helplessness, almost resigned to her fate. Cancer being her potential conqueror.

I pray for her. To live healthy if she's going to survive. To end suffering and pass on if she's not.

It was a timely reminder of how short life is. One moment you're dreaming of what dreams may come. The next, you're lying on your death bed. And your life flashes by.

Of cos, we might never learn from life's experiences and lessons. We never change. But I might just learn to appreciate the people around me more. Stop bickering and love, love, love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home